Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yarn Along...2nd Wed in August

Joining Ginny's Yarn Along today...
Crochet Project
Drawer Organizer
I am up to the 4th side of the Drawer Organizer that I started in July.  I am looking forward to putting this to good use :)
A vest for Joaquin
I started knitting this back in February and for the last two months it has been sitting on my big desk waiting for me to finish it.  I haven't been able to...very intimidated by the neck and arm hole finishing.  I hope posting it today will be the kick in the pants I need to finish it by next week (before he outgrows it).  It's from a Debbie Bliss knitting book, can't find it now but will post later.

I haven't done much reading because I've been sick and when my head is muzzy, I don't like to read.  I am half-way through the Keith Richards bio and it's an OK read.  Not riveting, but I am interested in his outlook and thought processes as his life has been so radically different than mine or anyone I know.  There was a nice article in the Oprah magazine about vegetarian dinners.  And the California Home Landscaping book is on loan from my horse trainer and has great garden plans that are inspiring. 

2 comments:

  1. i like the way you think. you have lots of interests and things that are exciting to you. i am the same, while i often feel scattered over it all, i really can't be any other way! lol

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the color work on your vest. That's one thing I haven't tried yet in knitting. Looking forward to visiting you again

    ReplyDelete