Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Yarn Along 12/12/12

Joining Ginny's lovely blog today...





My son, Ian, visited recently and suggested that I knit him something for Christmas this year.  I enjoyed showing him the Ravelry site and looking for fun and quirky patterns.  One of the patterns he selected was the Jayne hat, inspired by the Firefly series.  As a beginner knitter, I find it liberating to create a hat where imperfections are celebrated, if not required (smile).  It's my first time knitting double-stranded, which I thought would be challenging but was actually nice and easy.  Next up is adding the bright red ear flaps and then the pom pom.

Joaquin loves to pretend he's a firefighter and he enjoys wearing hats made by "Mama" when it's cold so I have high hopes that he will love this hat.  I wasn't familiar with the FPdc stitch, so enjoyed/hated learning a new stitch.  Took a few tries to figure it out, but it's coming along now--thank goodness for YouTube and the giving souls who post videos on how to knit/crochet!  Should be done in time for Christmas.

I am reading Soul Surfer and so far it's a quick, easy read.  Bethany is sweet and tough, an endearing combination.  I feel discomfort when I read of the accident details because I feel a squeamish sort of pleasure due to a creepy sense of curiosity of horrific events.  I don't like that about myself, I guess it's just part of being human.  The peek into Bethany's reality is uplifting; she is very matter-of-fact about her faith, which I admire.

I do enjoy reading through the links on Ginny's Yarn Along and seeing all the inspiring projects.  Hope you join in!

The fudge pictured is our 2nd best-selling flavor "Chocolate Caramel Brownie".  It's my own recipe, created for my brownie-loving husband.  It's available to ship for the holidays in a 1-pound gift box or as part of our Best Sellers variety box, featuring 5 other flavors.  If you haven't finished your holiday shopping, please take a peek at our store's web site and consider ordering some delicious fudge for your family or friends.   Thank you :)




3 comments:

  1. Lovely colours you are creating with. Always nice to brighten dull days.

    The book sounds interesting.
    Enjoy the crochet challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those hats are going to be great. :)
    and that brownie looks yummy evil! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry, have you finished the Jayne hat? I hope so. It's so nice and I love the bright colors too. My best wishes,
    Dalila

    ReplyDelete