Friday, July 22, 2011

Organized Simplicity: Part 1

I grab my new book “Organized Simplicity” from a stack of books because TODAY is the day I am really going to GET GOING on organizing my ENTIRE life, and…well…the bottom of the book is really sticky.  EW! Covered with dried orange juice?  Yuck!  How long has it been like that?  Are ALL the books in the stack covered in goo? 

As I’m marching into the kitchen grunting with frustration, it pops into my head that this sticky book represents a little picture of my life.  I have sticky messes everywhere.  I can’t help but laugh at myself.  Do you have a funny story about getting organized?


The stack.  Providing a glimpse of the chaos that is about to be organized.

Not all messiness is a bad thing.

1 comment:

  1. LOL - that is my WHOLE LIFE, in a nutshell! Also, whenever I "organize," it always starts out looking like a bomb went off in the area. I'm one of those "pull it ALL out, examine, clean, sort / fold / optimize, THEN put it all away" types.

    Also-also, I am highly distractable. So I get started and OH LOOK, YARN!!! {mess stays there for approximately forever plus five days...}

    ReplyDelete