Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween (revisited)

I have been sick a lot this year so was not really in the mood for Halloween.  I just sort of ignored it and hoped it would go away.  I'm so glad it didn't!  Our first trick-or-treaters arrived, much to Joaquin's delight!  He immediately wanted to go, too.  So we dressed him up in the dinosaur costume I had made for Ian when he was 2 (it came out a size 4, I always have trouble with sizing) so it was a perfect fit for Joaquin.  He didn't like wearing the hat but he loved having a tail and claws.

We only visited the neighbors that we knew and each household made a big fuss over him.  He was so sweet, happily saying "trick or treat" and then a heartfelt "Thank you!".  My husband was very good at making this happen and even helped out by wearing  the hat (see previous post).  After we were done, I just went to bed, but they stayed up playing music and dancing in-between visits from (just a few) trick-or-treaters. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kerri - thanks for dropping by. J looks so sweet in his costume - you are so clever making it yourself and it fitting this year, when you needed it. Hope you continue to feel better. Xx

    ReplyDelete