Thursday, June 26, 2014

Challenge accepted...

I am challenging myself to eat a healthy raw food diet for 100 days.  I will post every day what I ate for the day to create some accountability.  I want to have more energy and get rid of toxins in my body and lose weight.  I think this will really help and I like the food.  Here is what I ate today:
(you can click on the links for recipes)

Pineapple Grapefruit Juice (with ginger)

Green Juice - beet tops, wild spinach, cucumber, lemon, ginger, fennel and apple.

Beet Salad  This is a new recipe and it was OK.  The dressing ROCKED so I am looking forward to having that again.  I have enough left over to eat this again tomorrow.

Cherries

Black Tea

Cranberry-Almond Carrot Salad with lemon and basil from this cookbook.  This is one of my favorite all-time salads and I have enough left for tomorrow too!

Mojito Green Smoothie

For exercise, I did 30 minutes of power walking using the Prevention Magazine mp3 and I swam freestyle for 32 lengths of the pool plus 4 lengths kicking on my back.  I am proud of myself because I have a sprained wrist and I just wore the brace in the water and kinda slapped that arm.  Not very elegant but I always feel so much better after I swim.

I broke out in hives after swimming which was very uncomfortable but it isn't related to the change in diet.  I started to break out in hives this morning and it's caused by using mainstream laundry soap.  I have to use the natural, biodegradable kind or this happens to me.  Every once in a while I switch to the regular kind because it kinda brightens up our clothes and makes them smell better.  But if I let it go on too long, the hives come for a visit and they are most unwelcome.

I put all the recipes in my Allrecipes menu and then created a menu plan for the first 3 days and shopping list.  I am very serious about making this change and I think staying up on the menu
planning will help.

I thought it would be fun to do a google search on 100 days on the raw food diet and was surprised to find this website.  Apparently, my idea is nothing new...lol.  I did enjoy looking at "before" and "after"  photos of people on Pinterest who switched to a raw food diet.  That was motivating!

Someone very close to me said something really mean to me this morning related to my weight and eating habits. Actually, it was terribly cruel.  At this moment I don't feel like I will ever be able to forgive and let it go.  Usually, I wouldn't post about something this personal but I am using this as a way of making a big change in my life and I want to remember where I started.  I feel like my best friend just let me know that I am held in disdain and contempt.  Excruciating.  I guess that's when you realize the person you thought was your best friend--isn't.

I got a lovely birthday card in the mail today from my sister.  She's on a cruise right now and I really wish I could talk to her.

I will weigh myself once per week and starting this at 181.2 pounds.  sigh...

Time to do my virtual "happy dance!"  I did it!  Day 1 is complete.  99 more to go!


1 comment: